Applications are now open!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Please note that applications close 5pm April 3rd.
Please note that the Live Music Professionals application is housed on Survey Monkey and must be completed via the Survey Monkey link above. In order to read through the questions prior to making your application, please refer to the following PDF: Application-LMP-2018
Program enquiries can be directed to Music Victoria on (03) 9686 3411 or by emailing the project manager: email@example.com.
Who Can Apply?
Live Music Professionals is a program for active independent promoters, live music venues, venue band bookers and venue managers who could use support in order to:
- Improve a particular aspect of their business
- Strengthen their overall business
- Expand their knowledge in various fields relating their business
- Build professional networks.
We encourage anyone to apply who resides in, and their primary business is active in the state of Victoria.
Independent Promoters: In order to apply for the Independent Promoters stream, applicants must have been running regular events for at least the past 12 months and in that time have run events independently, outside of working for a major promoter or venue.
Venues: The applicant must be employed by, or own a venue which supports original live music and hosts a minimum of 12 original live music performances each year. Applicants must be one of the following:
- Venue owner
- Venue manager
- Band booker for the venue.
Participant spots are limited and a competitive selection process will operate. In addition to the eligibility criteria, sucessful participants must:
- Reside in and have their primary business active in the state of Victoria
- Commit to identifying an area/s of their business that require/s support
- Commit to scheduling time to meet with the Live Music Professionals Project Manager in order to create a customised working plan for the program (regional participants will be visited by the project manager)
- Commit to attending the program launch/regional conference (a three day/two night event)
- Actively participate in and utilise an online forum to discuss, share and receive advice regarding their business (participants with limited computer skills and/or social networking experience are encouraged to apply and will be given extra support in this area)
- Attend various coaching sessions and/or workshops at the Music Victoria office or via Skype throughout the program
- Attend Face The Music, a two-day industry conference in November
- Be responsive to all communication from the Live Music Professionals Project Manager
- Be willing to adhere to all Music Victoria policies and procedures.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview. A selection panel will decide on the successful applicants.
Program enquiries can be directed to Music Victoria on (03) 9686 3411 or by emailing the Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.