The Victorian Music Crawl is a Victorian Government initiative to build connections between Melbourne and regionally-based music industry leaders.
Press release Jan 29 2018
Music Victoria announced today the music line-up and regional Victorian towns participating in the third instalment of the Victorian Music Crawl. A delegation of Victoria’s leading booking agents, managers, artists, media and peak body representatives will travel from Melbourne to connect with industry peers in Victoria’s Barwon South West region.
The ‘Crawl will stop off at Birregurra, Port Fairy, Tarerer, Warrnambool, Lorne, Airey’s Inlet, Anglesea, Queenscliff, Point Lonsdale, Ocean Grove and Geelong, with a range of activities and performances planned for each destination.
The Victorian Music Crawl is a Victorian Government initiative led by the state’s peak body for contemporary music, Music Victoria. Delivered in partnership with local government in regional Victoria, the tour aims to build connections between Melbourne-based music industry figures and bands, venues, agents, events, promoters, media and more based in regional Victoria.
Victorian Music Crawls have seen the music industry travel around the state to Ballarat, Castlemaine, Bendigo, Echuca, Frankston, Mornington Peninsula, Bass Coast and South Gippsland.
These tours have resulted in significant outcomes for the industry. The Victorian Music Crawl has:
- Seen 37 music leading industry representatives visit 15 Victorian locations
- Showcased 32 venues, from small bars to international renowned performing arts centres
- Featured over 35 performances from some of our leading artists across the state
- Fostered connections between the music industry, media and local government
- Led to regionally based artists booking shows in Melbourne, and regional venues/festivals securing tours by metro-based artists
- Seen an average return of $3.00 for every dollar invested through new business and artistic connections, including live touring, performances and creative opportunities
- Achieved significant media interest, including TV, radio, print and online interviews and features
The Victorian Music Crawl was developed as part of the Victorian Government’s Music Works initiative. The program is delivered by Music Victoria on behalf of the Victorian Government and supported by local government, tourism and industry.
For more information please contact us.
For more information on what we're doing in regional Victoria see here.