Skip to main content

Financial Resources


  • PPCA has announced that they will offer cash advances ranging from $250 to $10,000 to PPCA registered artists. The amount available to them will be based on their average earnings under the PPCA Direct Artist Distribution Scheme over the last three years. Artists suffering hardship as a result of the coronavirus outbreak are first in line. Read more here.

  • If you are concerned about financial difficulty during this time, the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry have included a fact sheet about how your bank can assist, links to small business mentoring services, advice and resources to help you look after your mental health.
  • They have also included information about the Australian Government’s (EFIC), which will provide Australian businesses with export finance solutions and may be able to assist. 
  • If you are struggling to meet your tax and super commitments for any of these reasons, The Australian Taxation Office can support you to get back on track.

Government Support

If you're wanting to understand what benefits may be available to you within the Government Stimulus package, you can read a breakdown of it here. Other simple and easy-to-understand summaries can be found here and here.

Tips for accessing Government stimulus support (source: Australian Arts amidst COVID-19 Facebook Group):


  • Do not go into offices if it can be avoided. Staffing has had to be reduced to accomodate social distancing measures. Queues are hectic.
  • Use the website.
  • If you cannot get on today, they will allow you to register an "intent to claim" that can be backdated to today.
  • If you do not already have a CRN (customer reference number), you now DO NOT need to go to an office. They will make this available online and over the phone.
  • Call centre hours increase to 8am to 8pm local
  • 5000 staff are being recruited for call centres. Head here to register as a casual


  • You may already have a CRN. Check any correspondence you've received from Centrelink - it will probably be listed on there. It's 9 numbers and a letter
  • Your CRN and CAN (Customer Access Number) is probably the same. Don't ask us why they call it something different.
  • Keep persevering with your application. They will get backdated to the day you lodge your intent to claim.
  • Jump onto a thread here and ask for help if any of the terms are unclear or you need help. There's plenty of us here who can help you!




Music Victoria is proudly supported by :