Current Grants & Funding
Music Victoria does not distribute grants, but there are numerous funding opportunities available to musicians in Victoria. Below is a list of grants that are currently open and are able to be applied for. We have also provided a list of Victorian and National funding bodies and organisations who can offer funding assistance. Good luck!
Tips and advice:
- If you are applying for a grant, prepare well in advance and consult the relevant organisations for advice. Well thought-out grants can take a lot of work. You don’t have to complete it in one go – you can usually work on them online and save them for a later date.
- The judging panels are not looking for a press release; they want a well thought-out project plan and a practical budget that balances. It’s a good idea to bounce your ideas off someone else for an objective opinion.
- Most funding panels are comprised of musicians, so bear in mind your peers will be judging it. Don’t be intimidated and don’t lose faith if you get rejected. You can ask for constructive feedback from the organisation and submit an improved application somewhere else.
- If you are using a grant writer, make sure you give them all of the necessary relevant information, and ask them for testimonials from successful applicants they have previously worked for. Need the services of an experienced grant writer? Find one here.
- The Australian Festival Association has also created their own Grant Writing Guide which is available here. This guide is suitable for both those who are completely new to grant writing or for those who are looking for tips on how to refine their already completed application.
Arts Centre Melbourne / Music for Victoria Fund / Close 30 Jun
Australia Post / Community Grants Program / Close 4 Jul
Linktree / Passion Fund / Close 7 July
Yarra City Council / Annual Grants 2021 / Close 15 Aug
City of Melbourne / Quick Response Arts Grants / Opens 20 Sep
Support Act / MusicKeeper & CrewKeeper Grants / Close not specified
Support Act / COVID-19 Crisis Relief Grant / Apply anytime
Theatre Network Australia / Crisis Cash for Artists / Close not specified
Business Victoria / Live Performance Support Program Suppliers / Close 16 Jul
Business Victoria / Live Performance Support Program Presenters / Close 16 Jul
Business Victoria / Impacted Public Events Support Program / Close 16 Jul
Business Victoria / Sustainable Event Business Program / Close 16 Jul
Services Australia / COVID-19 Disaster Payment / Close not specified
Services Australia / Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment / Close not specified
Victorian Government / Coronavirus Test Isolation Payment / Close not specified
Victorian Energy Compare / Energy Bill Assistance / Close not specified