For more than 10 years, Music Victoria has been supporting, celebrating and advocating for the contemporary Victorian music industry.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Music Victoria continues to work tirelessly to provide support, information and insight to members, the wider industry, and all levels of government.
But your music scene also needs YOU.
So we’ve come up with a checklist outlining how you can support music in Victoria in 2022:
- Donate on our website. Your generous donation helps us work behind the scenes to support and grow the Victorian music industry.
- Sign up for a membership today. The more members we have, the louder our voice. Effective advocacy needs the backing of a large membership base to be trusted, respected and taken seriously by government. Help us, help you.
- If you are not directly involved in the industry, but still want to show your support, you can sign up to our Supporters List.
- Buy local music and merch. Support local businesses like Sound Merch. Get involved in Record Store Day, buy Victorian music on Bandcamp, and purchase music at independent record stores.
- Support live music by buying tickets to shows in outer-metro and regional Victoria. Check out gigs happening as part of Live Music Professionals Alumni here.
- Subscribe to Music Victoria’s podcast ‘Stories from the Scene’ and hear from Victorian guests including musicians, promoters, booking agents, venue operators, music advocates and other industry leaders.
- Follow Music Victoria on Spotify to hear the latest Victorian releases, plus staff picks and Music Victoria Awards nominees and winners.
- Follow Music Victoria on Soundcloud to keep up to date with the Music Victoria Mix Series, featuring original mixes from Victoria’s vibrant and diverse electronic music scene.
- Gift a muso a Music Victoria membership. Support them on their next stage of their creative career.
- Share the public campaigns you see on our social media accounts and in our newsletters. Click here to access ‘Your Music Scene Needs You’ campaign art.
- Fill out the music industry surveys we promote. Your data helps us find support and build routes to recovery.