Music Victoria are seeking expressions of interest from Victorian music industry experts to join a voluntary panel.
The contemporary music industry is facing its greatest crisis and the impacts of Covid-19 are likely to last well into 2021. The panel is being established to assist Music Victoria in helping the industry chart its way out of the crisis.
We are seeking panellists with entrepreneurial flair, strategic vision and ideas about how the Victorian industry can rebuild better and address previous broken systems.
If you work in the music industry, be it the live or recorded sector, or specialise in areas such as technology or community engagement, we would love to hear from you.
Terms of reference:
- The group will initially meet fortnightly, then monthly, over zoom, and in person at the Music Victoria’s offices at Collingwood Yards
- The term will be for 12 months
- Members will also be asked to correspond over email in between meetings
- Sub groups may be formed to focus on individual projects
- Panel recommendations can be considered by Music Victoria, as well as other relevant peak bodies. Recommendations may be made to relevant governments through proposals and grant applications
- Expectations will be set among members that not all recommendations can be delivered by Music Victoria, and they will need to align with MV and VMDO business plans and resourcing
The role of the panel will include:
- Consider the range and importance of, and prioritise, issues and opportunities facing the Victorian music sector as a result of Covid-19
- Identify and review relevant research/data to identify key opportunities and barriers facing Victorian contemporary artists (ie AMIN Live Remuneration Survey and RMIT/VMDO Covid-19 survey
- Act as a standing and authoritative advisory forum for Music Victoria, including its Committee of Management, the music sector and the wider community on matters facing the sector during Covid-19
- Release findings, recommendations and statements from time to time
- Act professionally and respectfully
- Confidentiality regarding matters discussed in meetings, be aware of Music Victoria and VMDO’s strategic and business plan to ensure proposed actions and activities align with agreed objectives
Please send your applications, consisting of a bio and 200 word letter about what you will offer the panel, to James@musicvictoria.com.au by August 28.