DonateJoin NowLog In
music victoria logo

Victorian Government Funding Programs

Victoria’s live music scene will get a $10 million boost over four years with the launch of two programs that will support  music festivals and venues while providing more paid gigs for local musicians. The programs, delivered by Music Victoria on behalf of the Victorian Government, will create more paid opportunities for local artists, from those just starting out to established acts, and give Victorian music lovers the chance to see more great local live music. At least 25 per cent of funding in both programs will go to music festivals and live music venues in regional Victoria.

Live Music Festivals Fund

The Live Music Festivals Fund will provide grants of up to $50,000 to established Victorian festival organisers to support them to stage new or existing events.

Live Music Festivals Fund is an initiative of the Victoria Government, made possible by the Community Support Fund and Creative Victoria, delivered by Music Victoria.

For more information, read the FAQs below, or contact

10,000 Gigs: The Victorian Gig Fund

The Victorian Gig Fund is part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to back 10,000 live music gigs across state in the next four years. Established Victorian live music venues can apply for up to $10,000 a year to go towards Victorian artists’ fees for gigs at their venues.

Music Victoria is delivering the Victorian Gig Fund as part of the Victorian Government’s 10,000 Gigs initiative.

For more information, read the FAQs below, or contact


Applications for the Live Music Festivals Fund and The Victorian Gig Fund are now open and close on Friday 17 May at 2:00PM AEST.


To apply, you must be an operator of a licensed live music venue in Victoria.
Venues with a capacity of 50-1,200 people.
Between 1 July 2024 and 30 June 2025.
A maximum of $10,000 per venue, per round.
In round 1, we can support 127 venues.
2,540 gigs in the 2025 Financial Year.
No. Demand for funding is high, and this will be an extremely competitive program to enter. Applicants must not assume they will be successful or enter into commitments based on that assumption before receiving formal notification of the outcome of their funding. Nor should applicants assume that if they are successful once, they will be successful again in the future.
Eligible applications will be assessed against the Program Objectives, Creative State 2025 principles, and Music Victoria's Strategic Plan 2023-2026 and the Assessment criteria.
Funding may only be used to cover Artist Fees (guarantees), and at a minimum rate of $250 per performer. Performers must be Victorian (with majority of act members being based in Victoria).
No–the aim of the program is that venues are funded $10,000 to support 20 gigs a year.
No–we need exactly 20 gigs delivered for each $10,000 awarded.
While this averages out at $500 per gig, this could be made up of a number of different combinations including (but not limited too):

10 x solo acts at $250 each = $2,500
10 x 3 piece acts at $750 each = $7,500
TOTAL = 20 acts from $10,000


2 x 5 piece = $2,500 AND
2 x 4 piece = $2,000 AND
2 x 3 piece $750 = $1,500 AND
2 x 2 piece $500 = $1,000 AND
12 x solo $250 = $3,000
TOTAL = 20 acts from $10,000
No, the funding must be used to pay performers.
Musicians can’t apply directly, the funding for this program will go to venues, who will pay musicians to perform.
Monday 22 April 2024 at 10:00am AEST.
Friday 17 May 2024 at 2:00pm AEST.
By Sunday 30 June 2024, following a decision by the Minister for Creative Industries.
You will receive a funding agreement if your application is successful. We aim to finalise agreements with successful organisations within 30 days of notification. We anticipate that 80% will be paid on signing of the agreement, with the remaining 20% paid once all acquittal reporting is successfully completed.
Yes–all those artists performing at the funded gigs must be paid the $250 minimum per person.
Yes–we consider them artists.
Venue Liquor Licence and One Music Licence (only if first obtained between 01-01-24 and 31-03-24).
Access costs vary depending on the project and services required. Please get in touch with an Access Consultant. An Inclusive Practice Guide and a list of organisations in Victoria offering support to Deaf and Disabled people can be found on Arts Access Victoria’s website.


For news on Music Victoria professional development workshops, competitions, events, music industry news, grants & funding opportunities, advocacy and more!