The time has come for positive change.
Be the force that drives it in this vital leadership role.
Contemporary Music Victoria Inc. (Music Victoria) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation and the state peak body for contemporary music. We represent musicians, venues, music businesses and professionals, and music lovers across the contemporary Victorian music community. Music Victoria provides advocacy on behalf of the music sector, actively supports the development of the Victorian music community, and celebrates and promotes Victorian music.
Are you our next CEO….
We are looking for a professional with remarkable communication skills at all levels as you converse with ministers and musicians alike. You will be driven, passionate and adaptable while not only open to change you embrace it. You will be a good operator with sound strategic and financial planning skills.
A day in the life of our CEO could include advocacy work with the Government, whilst communication will factor in all aspects of your day as you work closely with stakeholders including the Music Victoria Board Members and Creative Victoria while engaging with the media or adding value as a member of industry panels.
There will be challenge and reward in equal measure in this role, as you:
- Lead a small and committed team to deliver quality services, programs and advocacy.
- Demonstrate your success with fundraising or philanthropy.
- Are passionate about music and motivated by a desire for the success of Victorian Music.
- Have a goal-oriented approach with a strong focus on delivery and ability to assess, prioritise and manage a variety of projects.
- Have experience as a CEO or at a minimum experience in a Senior Executive role.
- Are capable of leveraging business opportunities, leading and influencing music or government policy.
- Embrace innovation for improved outcomes for the industry.
In exchange for your hard work, you’ll be well rewarded: a suitably competitive salary awaits. But more than that, you’ll be contributing to an organisation that brings music to the lives of Victorians, taking full ownership and driving us towards an even brighter future.
This position will commence 1 February 2021. It is expected that interviews will take place in January. This role is being readvertised. Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
To apply for this job go to:
Applications close 02 January 2021