The Victorian Government is providing more support for live performance events that have been cancelled due to the recent coronavirus restrictions.
Who will the program support?
- Victorian presenters and suppliers in the live performance industry who had been contracted to work on events and have lost income or incurred costs from event cancellations between 27 May and 2 September this year.
- People who work on stage and off, front of house and behind the scenes, across live performances such as music, theatre, opera, dance, comedy, and cabaret.
- Victorian-based applicants who have lost scheduled work interstate are also eligible to apply.
How much funding is available?
- The program will provide funding of up to $12,000 for eligible event presenters and up to $4,000 for suppliers
The Live Performance Support Program has two streams:
- Presenters – The presenter stream is open to live performance event presenters, including producers, promoters, venue owners and artists who promote their own shows. Applicants can apply for either $7000 or $5000 for one event, and a further $5000 for a second event. Find out more here.
- Suppliers – The supplier stream is open to suppliers contracted to work on events, including performers, crew, technicians and engineers. Suppliers may be eligible for a grant of either $200 or $500 per event for up to 20 events. Suppliers do not need to be GST-registered. Find out more here.
The Victorian government updated this program in response to industry feedback and to assist a wider range of affected event businesses and workers.
For eligibility details and to apply, visit business.vic.gov.au. Applications close on Wednesday, 8 September 2021.
If you’re thinking about applying for Business Victoria's Live Performance Support Program Round Two, register for one of our free online information sessions! We'll cover changes from the last round of funding, program guidelines (including eligibility and how to apply) and answer all your questions.
REGISTER FOR THE SUPPLIER STREAM
Session 1: 20 August at 2pm
Session 2 : 3 September at 2pm
REGISTER FOR THE PRESENTER STREAM
Session 1: 20 August at 4pm
Session 2: 3 September at 4pm