The deadline for the Victorian Live Music Venues Program via Creative Victoria has been extended by one week. Venues wishing to apply for support now have until 5pm, 13 August 2020. We urge all Victorian music venues to apply for this much-needed support.
Who can apply
Operators of licenced music venues across Victoria with a capacity of 50 to 1,200 people. The program will support venues that have a solid reputation for presenting original live music and demonstrate best practice in business operations including in staff, contractor, performer and patron management.
To be eligible for support, venues must:
- Be operating a licensed venue in Victoria, with a primary business model of presenting original live music performances
- Have been operating as an original live music venue on 16 March 2020
- Be able to evidence a reduction in turnover of at least 30 percent from the operation of the venue since 16 March 2020
- Provide a copy of their liquor licence that shows an overall venue capacity of 50 to 1200 people
- Provide a copy of their OneMusic licence for public performance of music that was held on 16 March 2020
- Have dedicated performance and audience spaces to support live music performance within the venue
- Be a solvent business
- Hold a valid Australian Business Number (ABN), and have held that ABN at 16 March 2020
Applications open: 17 July 2020 please apply using the Creative Victoria Grants Portal
Round closes: 5pm, 13 August 2020
More info here
BEFORE YOU APPLY…
Watch our Live Music Venues Grants Panel
Grant writers take venues through the eligibility of Creative Victoria’s Live Music Venues Grants and offer tips on telling your story and impact to the music community, as well as budgets and support letters. Music Victoria CEO Patrick Donovan moderated the discussion between Andrew Watt (Lawyer, Grant Writer, Ravens Nest Consulting) and Selene Bateman (Client Manager, Auspicious Arts Projects).